Aswrvrt.sys Stopping Bootup or Booting on Windows Computers
Lennox IT: IT Computer Support in Derbyshire: Helpful Advice & Instructions to Fix Aswrvrt.sys Problems
Step 1. enter into BIOS SETUP Utility and reset the BIOS to its factory default setting.
1. Restart your computer if it’s already on and keep tapping on F12 functional key immediately.
(tip: the key to access BIOS SETUP Utility can vary, if F12 fails, please try with F8, Esc, F11 and DEL one by one)
2. Select LOAD BIOS DEFAULTS and press Y button to restart the computer.
(tip: the BIO menu can be different from one brand to another, take ThinkPad for example, one should access Config to change the value of “sata controller mode option” to “compatibility”)
The PC should now Boot into Windows
Step2. check and repair error for files with command prompt.
1. When the computer has restarted and is back into the desktop, hold down the Win key and R key together to enable the Run box.
2. Put in “chkdsk /f /r” and press on Enter key to check and repair error for files.
(tip: it should take a while. If failure occurs, enter into “Last Known Good Configuration” to remove or disable programs and drivers that are recently installed.)
Step3. run ScanDisk to check for faults.
1. Double-click “My Computer”/”Computer”.
2. Right-click local hard drive to select “Properties” in the drop down list and navigate to its Tools tab.
3. Press on “check now” button to check the drive for errors.
4. Restart is required to run ScanDisk without being interrupted.