Remove any Police Ransom Trojan: The Police Ukash or Moneypak virus
Lennox IT: IT Support in Businees IT in Derby and Derbyshire: Helpful Advice on how to Remove any Police Ransom Trojan: The Police Ukash or Moneypak virus
If your computer is locked, and you are seeing a “Your computer has been blocked” notification from a law enforcement agency (FBI, Australian Federal Police, Metropolitan Police, U.S. Department of Justice) asking you to pay a fine via GreenDot MoneyPak, Ukash or Paysafecard code, then your computer is infected with a piece of malware known as Trojan Reveton.
As the Police Ukash or Moneypak ransomware infection locks you out of your computer, you will need to create a bootable USB drive that contains the HitmanPro Kickstart program.
We will then boot your computer using this bootable USB drive and use it to clean the infection so that you are able to access Windows normally again.
You will also need a USB drive, which will have all of its data erased and will then be formatted. Therefore, only use a USB drive that does not contain any important data.
1.Using a “clean” (non-infected) computer, please download HitmanPro Kickstart from the below link.
2. Once HitmanPro has been downloaded, please insert the USB flash drive that you would like to erase and use for the installation of HitmanPro Kickstart. Then double-click on the file named HitmanPro.exe (for 32-bit versions of Windows) or HitmanPro_x64.exe (for 64-bit versions of Windows).
To create a bootable HitmanPro USB drive, please follow the instructions from this video:
3. Now, remove the HitmanPro Kickstart USB drive and insert it into the Police Ukash or Moneypak infected computer.
4. Once you have inserted the HitmanPro Kickstart USB drive, turn off the infected computer and then turn it on. As soon as you power it on, look for text on the screen that tells you how to access the boot menu.The keys that are commonly associated with enabling the boot menu are F10, F11 or F12.
5. Once you determine the proper key (usually the F11 key) that you need to press to access the Boot Menu, restart your computer again and start immediately tapping that key. Next, please perform a scan with HitmanPro Kickstart as shown in the video below.
6. HitmanPro will now reboot your computer and Windows should start normally. Then please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and scan your computer for any left over infections.